Wednesday 7 May 2014

Dior - Diorshow Iconic Mascara review

Diorshow Iconic by Dior in black is a mascara that defines lashes, providing length, intensity, curl and volume in a snap. Including two Dior innovations, the 'Lift Model' complex contains unique coatings for long-term hold and the brush contains soft silicone bristles so each and every lash curls.





On Twitter I have seen a lot of questions regarding what mascaras people love the most. From this, I have decided to explain why Diorshow Iconic by Dior is my current mascara obsession!

Diorshow Iconic includes 10ml of product that is packaged in a classic silver tube that is then packaged in a very shiny, silver box. The brush is described as being 'oblique' with 'soft silicone bristles specifically designed to curl every lash.'. 





Apologies for the slanted photo. The box is very shiny and it was impossible to read otherwise!






Applying this mascara is like a dream. I have used so many high-street/drugstore mascaras, yet I always encounter problems with them. My main issues with them are clumping and ‘tugging.’ Have you ever found a mascara to tug on your lashes as you apply? Well, that really bugs me. Diorshow Iconic applies so smoothly that it’s like I’m not even applying anything. 


The finish of this mascara is also beautiful. No clumps, just perfect lash definition.






In regards to longevity, I find that this lasts all day without any touchups. That is why I find it so fantastic for busy mums! Great lashes that are achieved really quickly and no touchups needed.

The only issues that I have had with this mascara are actually down to faults of my own. I have encountered the dreaded under eye mascara smudge when using this, but have recently discovered that it could all be down to the eye cream that I use. I have a few different creams that I use around my eyes (not all at once, obviously) and after reading this page here I realised that when I do use an emollient type eye cream I do experience the smudge. When I don’t and I use a gel-based eye product, the smudge doesn’t appear.

I’m so surprised that I never even knew that little nugget of information! I feel that I’ve been missing out on a huge secret for years! Therefore, if you use an emollient like eye cream you may experience some under eye smudge with this mascara.






Anyway, for comparison purposes, here are my eyes with no mascara:








And here they are with Diorshow Iconic applied to my lashes:




Apologies for my skin looking two different colours. Blame the Sun!


I have used only one coat (I'm not a fan of using more than one coat because it irritates my eyes!) and it takes close to no time at all to apply. It honestly just glides onto the lashes, curling each and every one with ease.

The brush can be a tad bulky for the bottom lashes, but as long as you use a gentle hand there should be no issue.

For the top lashes the brush size and shape make application really straightforward and fast. 





The thing that may put people off this mascara is the price. I picked mine up from Escentual (and yes, if you look at the reviews, the one written by 'zofo' is me!) where it costs £19.55, but from other places it can cost more. 

However, even though you do need to change mascaras regularly (this particular one has a life of 6 months according to the box, as seen above), if you wear mascara often then this can be such a worthwhile purchase. If you only wear mascara once in a while then you may feel happier purchasing a cheaper one as to not waste your money! The best drugstore mascara that I have found over the years is Maybelline's Falsies, but Diorshow Iconic is still by far the best out of all of the ones that I have tried.

What is your favourite mascara? Have you tried Diorshow Iconic?

Let me know in the comments below!

Zoe.
@Beautifinous

1 comment:

  1. Diorshow Iconic by Dior in black is a mascara that defines lashes, providing length, intensity, curl and volume in a snap. Including two Dior ... diormascara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete